Monday, June 1, 2009

bridesmaid dresses!

I have been having the absolute hardest time finding bridesmaid dresses for my lovely ladies. Mostly because I think all of the ones in the bridal salons are over priced and too plain, and partly because I need to pick them out in Omaha because everyone is there and I never have time when I am back there. Another thing is I cant really decide if I want a formal, long dress or more of a funner shorter style. For an outdoor wedding I like the idea of a shorter one, but all of the dresses I have found have been REALLY short, and since it IS in October, I dont want people freezing if it chooses to be a bit chilly that day.

Well today I was thinking again about my rehearsal dinner dress, and how much I liked the dresses on that website. So I found the site again and was looking around and forgot that they sell formals (even wedding gowns) on there too! So I went looking at the dresses and found 6, yes 6 dresses that I like! So I decided to post them up in an album and take a poll to get the top runners. Then I'd pick the top 3, order them from the site, have someone try them on, then whichever worked (if any) I'd know and send the others back and then let the girls order their own, since then it would come to them and they can get their sizes, etc.

After I sent out the link I got responses right away, and most people gave me their top 2 picks, and luckily most of them turned out to be mostly the same! So it wasnt too hard picking the top 3. Here they are in no particular order...



Dress #1.-A classy strapless with an awesome top. I love the beading and design on the top.




Dress #2- A super cute shorter option. I'm a big fan of this one, it's simple, yet the length I was looking for, and I have a REALLY cute idea for this dress if it actually looks good in person...





Dress #3- This dress actually got the most "votes". I really like it too, the top is my favorite, with the antique lace and beaded straps...this may be the front runner at the moment...





So I'm going to try and place an order for these 3 this week, so I can get them in and decide. Then I'll return the non-good ones and everyone can order these so they can have time to get the altered if need-be. I'm so excited and I hope they fit and look nice in person!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

I'm a newlywed with a love for the little things in life- sipping a cappuccino at a local coffee shop in the sunshine, art that seems to make no sense, the smile my husband gets sometimes when I catch him watching me, the cool breeze in the fall when the leaves are changing, my dog when she has somehow manages to wedge herself under my hand and I find myself petting her unknowingly, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sounds of the ocean, taking photos of instances you can never get back. I feel too much about things but may not always say it. I adore my mother. You'll find I take a lot of pictures. La vita รจ bella.