Tuesday, June 30, 2009

photographer #1 and wedding relief

Then on Sunday we had a super busy day, not only did we have to drive home that night, but we also had two separate meetings set up. First we finally got to meet with the day of coordinator, and she seemed really knowledgeable and I know I will feel so much better on the wedding day with her there to decorate and make everything run smoothly. She was really nice, and she had alot of ideas about things and is going to meet with us again in August and actually come to the reception and ceremony locations to see them and help us with ideas for setup, which I thought was really nice of her. She seems to get what we want from the ceremony setup and everything, and I'm pretty confident that everything will run smoothly with her. At first I was debating on having a coordinator, but doing weddings for a living really has made me appreciate them and since I want my poor mom to actually ENJOY the wedding and be there when we are getting ready instead of putting flower petals in the aisle and setting up chairs, this was probably one of the best decisions we made. And Adam is excited to have her too, which is always good.

After that meeting we headed out to the opposite end of Springfield to meet with our first photographer of the day. She's new to the wedding scene but has shot portraits for a while and has a really unique eye and editing style. I could tell she was a bit nervous about the whole thing, but I'm confident that she'll do a great job and she had some neat ideas about everything and hopefully since we only have her for the first part of the day she wont get too overwhelmed. Also, since she is new, I wont feel so bad when I hand her the, well, book I am pretty much putting together of the different pictures I want. Hahahahaha. Yeah, I'm going to be hated by the other photographers, but I dont think this girl will mind. :)

Next time we come up will be even busier, since the time after that will be the actual wedding. We have to meet with the coordinator again, meet with the caterer and pick our menu, meet with the videographer, have my hair trial, have my bridal pictures (if there is time), get my dress altered, go to the rental company and pick out the linens and whatnot, and do any other detail that I'm forgetting. Ahhhh!! I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. It's super hard when we only have a Saturday and Sunday to accomplish all of this, since we cant take off work, which is really what needs to happen. Hmm...depending how stressed I get closer to the time, perhaps I will take off that Friday and go down Thursday after work...that adds an extra day and a half, which may make a world of difference...

Anywho, that was an insane weekend. From here on out I can just sense that it is going to go by insanely fast and be really hectic. Hopefully it all turns out in the end, but I just wish I had more time to devote to simply planning! It's hard having to work on other people's weddings and push my own aside, when I want to go all out and spend hours on it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

I'm a newlywed with a love for the little things in life- sipping a cappuccino at a local coffee shop in the sunshine, art that seems to make no sense, the smile my husband gets sometimes when I catch him watching me, the cool breeze in the fall when the leaves are changing, my dog when she has somehow manages to wedge herself under my hand and I find myself petting her unknowingly, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sounds of the ocean, taking photos of instances you can never get back. I feel too much about things but may not always say it. I adore my mother. You'll find I take a lot of pictures. La vita รจ bella.