Wednesday, June 10, 2009

they're HERE!

I just got home from work and I was SO EXCITED! There were 3 boxes waiting for me, which means that both the dresses AND the envelopes both came! Ahh! The envelopes are SO awesome. I got them through PaperWorks, which I was tipped off to through Catie's Blog. They were super reasonable and had the brown color that I wanted for them. They came in a nice little box too! I'll print the names and all on them later today so these suckers can get in the mail in the next couple days!

They really are brown, this picture makes them look lighter than they are.

So many envelopes!!!


As for the dresses, I got them unpacked and when I just glanced at them I wasnt a huge fan of the strapless. I mean I liked it, the top of it was neat, but the bottom just had a strange look to it. The shorter one was cute though, although I had expected it to be even shorter. I went ahead and tried them on, and my suspicions were confirmed. The strapless, although cute onthe top, was really unflattering on the bottom. I dont know why...I think the pleats or whatnot in the skirt kind of clash with the dress itself...I dont know. It could also look great on everyone else though, so I will take it to Omaha in a couple days and let people try it on to get their opinions.

The shorted dress was really cute! Although the medium was too big you could still get the idea. I think with a slip underneath to make it fuller it would be really cute. I'll have to see it on everyone but if it looks cute I think that will be the one. And it really isnt short at all, it actually only goes to your ankle. We will see though. I'm so excited that they actually came!


HERE!

Out of the box! The color is nice.


So I guess we will see Friday which one is the best. I'm off to edit and then print the rest of the invites and the envelopes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

I'm a newlywed with a love for the little things in life- sipping a cappuccino at a local coffee shop in the sunshine, art that seems to make no sense, the smile my husband gets sometimes when I catch him watching me, the cool breeze in the fall when the leaves are changing, my dog when she has somehow manages to wedge herself under my hand and I find myself petting her unknowingly, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sounds of the ocean, taking photos of instances you can never get back. I feel too much about things but may not always say it. I adore my mother. You'll find I take a lot of pictures. La vita รจ bella.