Thursday, June 4, 2009

more fun with scan guns!

Today we did our registry at Bed Bath & Beyond. It must be some sort of a right of passage to do your registry here, since this is like, the God of all registry places.

They started by taking us into this special little room where they overwhelmed us with questions and booklets of different items and gifts if a person bought us so many hundreds of dollars worth of things in the book (sorry, a soup spoon isn't worth registering for $500 worth of steak knives!). All Adam kept looking at was the scan gun, since that's his favorite part, and finally after declining the china section (really now, does anyone register for fine china anymore? Like the really nice, expensive stuff that you never use?) we were off and running.

This scan gun wasnt nearly as nice as Targets, though it did work just fine. We only had an hour before closing time, so we went around and found alot of fun goodies, mostly stuff to redecorate our bathrooms. We really need matching sets for everything that we have, and they had some REALLY cool sets. Granted the one I really wanted Adam wouldnt let me get (to girly!) but we settled on a really neat modern one that I love too. Bright green and blue accents! Yay!

Once again Adam was a hog when it came to the scan gun, he basically let me hold it long enough for him to take my picture before sighing over and over again until I would give it back. Ha. Oh well, if that is what makes him happy!

We didnt quite get through the entire store, so we need to make time and find a night to go back and finish, but we got about 90% done, and they closed.

This week is going to be insane. It's actually starting to dawn on us that we literally have 4 months until the wedding. The planning and everything seemed to just drag on until now, and now I want to smack myself because I should have done things sooner.




Scanning the first item...a salad spinner! Who would have
seriously thought that ADAM would like salad?! Yes future in-laws this was MY doing!


Adam made me test out this massage chair.
That would be AMAZING for my new office at our new house! Haha



See, isnt this an awesome set?



Goal for this week: Get Save the Dates Printed and in the Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

I'm a newlywed with a love for the little things in life- sipping a cappuccino at a local coffee shop in the sunshine, art that seems to make no sense, the smile my husband gets sometimes when I catch him watching me, the cool breeze in the fall when the leaves are changing, my dog when she has somehow manages to wedge herself under my hand and I find myself petting her unknowingly, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sounds of the ocean, taking photos of instances you can never get back. I feel too much about things but may not always say it. I adore my mother. You'll find I take a lot of pictures. La vita รจ bella.