Wednesday, June 24, 2009

dress memories

For those of you who do not know, I bought my wedding dress almost exactly one year ago while on a trip to New York City. I attended the world famous "Running of the Brides" at Filene's Basement in Towson, right outside of Balitmore with Amelia, one of my amazing bridesmaids. We went through the entire experience of sleeping outside in line, almost getting killed when the doors opened, and snatching weddings dresses in heaps off of racks and floors before stripping in the aisle of the luggage section to try them on. It was an absolute blast and since I didnt have this blog back then, I didnt get a chance to share that experience with all of you.

Well, since we are getting closer to the big day and I have been looking around and reading various other wedding blogs on the wide vast of the internet and noticed that they all have a post referring to their dress I have been toying with the idea of posting my entry from an old blog of mine that talks about the day I got the dress. I also thought I might post the blog about my trip to the infamous Kleinfield Bridal Salon in NYC (yes, the same one that is on "Say Yes to the Dress") because it was just so amusing.

I've been toying with the idea, though I will have to look and take out the pictures that are in it of me in the other dresses that I almost bought from the sale. Yes, it shouldnt really matter because they arent even CLOSE to the dress I got, but I just dont know if I want Adam to see me in any sort of wedding dress, even if it is a camera phone picture taken of me in no makeup after sleeping outside in Baltimore. Ha.

In any case, I may find these two fun memories and share them, so you all can understand the experience I had getting my dress last year. It's beautiful. Absolutely, positively, amazing and I want to be able to share the equally amazing story of getting it along with one of my really great friends. It was an experience I'll never forget...and definitely so much better than simply placing an order in a bridal salon. So tune in tomorrow and I'll copy in my little "blast from the past" post... :)

1 comment:

  1. Where is this mysterious "other blog" that you are hiding from us?

    ReplyDelete

Me

I'm a newlywed with a love for the little things in life- sipping a cappuccino at a local coffee shop in the sunshine, art that seems to make no sense, the smile my husband gets sometimes when I catch him watching me, the cool breeze in the fall when the leaves are changing, my dog when she has somehow manages to wedge herself under my hand and I find myself petting her unknowingly, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sounds of the ocean, taking photos of instances you can never get back. I feel too much about things but may not always say it. I adore my mother. You'll find I take a lot of pictures. La vita รจ bella.