Sunday, May 31, 2009

save the dates-first DIY!


Last night Adam and I had our first experience with DIY projects for the wedding. I spent most of the day playing around in Photoshop while Adam was watching a movie and I started playing around with an idea for our Save the Dates. After a few hours and many retrys, I finally had a scheme in mind and ended up really liking the end result. Adam liked it alot, and since we aren't going to be able to have our pictures back in time to use one of those and we really need to get them out in the next week, we just decided to roll with these. Granted I'm not a graphic designer, but I think they turned out pretty cool, I printed a sample and found the right paper, and am actually impressed with the end result.

So I drug Adam out to the store to buy the rest of the paper, and then he promised to go to Kinkos to help me cut the paper down to size if I would go with him to see Star Trek... I figured it was an even trade, so we bought our movie tickets, and in the 2 1/2 hour wait time, went to Kinkos and had fun cutting time! This is just the first cut time, to make the paper smaller. The detailed time will come after they are printed, probably next weekend. Anyways, here are a few pictures of our first DIY project! I'm so excited!!


He insisted that if I was in charge of cutting I would mess them up...so I was in charge of handing him the paper!

Paper goodness! I dont usually shop at Archivers, but I had an amazing coupon!! It's not a super fancy paper, but it is textured, so it gives it the look I was going for..



The finished stack!!


Thankfully I have a pro printer so I can print them myself. It may use a bunch of ink, but I like the fact that I get to make them! I can't wait to start printing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me

I'm a newlywed with a love for the little things in life- sipping a cappuccino at a local coffee shop in the sunshine, art that seems to make no sense, the smile my husband gets sometimes when I catch him watching me, the cool breeze in the fall when the leaves are changing, my dog when she has somehow manages to wedge herself under my hand and I find myself petting her unknowingly, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sounds of the ocean, taking photos of instances you can never get back. I feel too much about things but may not always say it. I adore my mother. You'll find I take a lot of pictures. La vita รจ bella.